Hiring Organization / Company: Big Lots!
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
1. Ensures all preventative maintenance, breakdown repairs and building services activities for a multi-shift operation. Identify and establish best practice standards across all facilities using LEAN principles.
2. Provides approvals to work plans and may provide priority status to work assignments. Develops annual expense and capital budgets and ensures compliance by monitoring expenses.
3. Identifies opportunities for improvement in the areas of safety, facility maintenance, postings/notifications and other administrative duties. Collaborates with Industrial Engineering Manager and others within Logistics Services and Distribution & Fulfillment (DC/FC) Directors before implementing process changes.
4. Ensures communication with external vendors and contractors is handled effectively by each Maintenance & Building Services Manager. Provides updates to supervisor and DC/FC Directors regarding project progress on all contracted work, job bid status, and equipment needs.
5. Takes proactive role in establishing and carrying out shrinkage control disciplines and programs and accepts high level of responsibility for distribution center's shrinkage performance.
6. Performs all managerial responsibilities concerning Individual Development Plans (IDPs), Human Resources policies and wage administration.
7. Uses discretion and independent judgment while maintaining the integrity of our Mission, Vision and Values statement in making all business decisions.
8. Travels to each facility once per quarter or as needed to ensure department operation, safety, compliance and associate development.
1. Five to seven years' experience in a maintenance management capacity within a Distribution Center, Warehouse or Industrial Facility strongly preferred.
2. A thorough knowledge of industrial maintenance is required including but not limited to local Building Codes, OSHA and safety regulations.
3. Previous Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) knowledge preferred.
4. Demonstrated leadership ability is required.
5. Two years of a technical school or four-year apprenticeship would be preferred.
6. Knowledge of mechanical, electrical AC/DC electrical circuitry, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, conveyor mechanical & controls and forklift maintenance is required.
7. Ability to perform physical activity at a sustained pace including walking, bending and lifting within a Distribution Center environment required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
- Requisition #: 21005821
- Store #: GO~910_BL CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS
4900 E Dublin Granville RdColumbus,OH
- Schedule: Regular
- Shift: Standard
- Job Type: Full-time Day Job
- Date Posted: 6/10/2021
Job Location Information:
Location: Columbus, Oh 43081
Date Posted: 2021-06-10
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about on the lookout for Jobs, you will agree that it is one of the toughest jobs nowadays. In most cases, you’re going to have no clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The great thing is that you are not alone. There are a couple of folks available in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a industrial center can be simple if you recognize where to begin. Before you start your job searching procedure, here are guidelines that will help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an incredible and frequently overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms commonly supply essential training, belongings, and techniques for job seekers. Those firms will also be in particular helpful for younger job seekers or those with little running revel in. A easy Internet experiment for job firms for your areaought to discover where and the right way to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies select to have their positions dispatched via temporal agencies. The tip objective for that may be to save money on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise supply corporations the best way of screening candidates. Employment products and services can regularly be a faster and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise develop into into an enduring task for the people who carry out well all over their running.
3. Free job look services
This is a waste of money while cash is now tight within the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.