Hiring Organization / Company: Lowes
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Job Description :
What You Will Do
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Head Cashier, this means:
- Delivering a checkout experience that is quick, professional, and friendly.
- Ensuring merchandise is accurately scanned and meets the needs of the customer.
- Engaging in safe work practices and encouraging others to do the same.
The Head Cashier is responsible for providing excellent customer service during the checkout process. This associate is likely the last interaction with our customer before leaving the store and needs to ensure the customer is satisfied and encouraged to come back to Lowe’s. Therefore, engaging with customers as well as attention to detail are extremely important in this role. As Head Cashier, he/she provides supervision, coaching, and support to the Customer Service Associate - Front End Team. Depending on the specific work shift, this associate may also help open or close the front-end of the store.
Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
What We're Looking For
- Hourly Full Time or Part Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 or up to 25 hours per week, respectively; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
- Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
- Minimally must be able to lift 10 pounds without assistance; may lift over 10 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
- 6 months of experience using a computer, including inputting, accessing, modifying, or outputting information.
- 6 months of experience using a handheld device (e.g., mobile phone, LRT gun, palm pilot, tablet, iPod) to enter, access, and output information.
- 1 year of experience identifying and selling products based on customer needs, including credit cards, installations, add-on sales, protection plans, and explaining warranties, product features, and benefits.
- 1 year of retail experience.
- 1 year of experience as a head cashier.
- 6 months experience working in any department at a Lowe's retail store.
- 1 year of supervisory experience in any field, including directing, delegating, evaluating, training, and coaching employees.
- 6 months of retail experience detecting common signs of shoplifting (e.g., merchandise hidden inside of containers, merchandise under carts, price labels switched).
- 1 year of retail experience as a cashier.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Cashier: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- One location
Job Location Information:
Location: Columbus, Oh 43211
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately in search of Jobs, you will agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs nowadays. Generally, you are going to haven’t any clue the place or what to look for within the job market. The good factor is that you’re not on your own. There are a few other folks out there who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a commercial center can be simple if you already know where to begin. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed here are pointers that can assist you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an incredible and regularly lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms repeatedly supply very important training, assets, and methods for activity seekers. Those firms will also be specifically useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little working enjoy. A simple Web test for job firms on your areaought to discover the place and the right way to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms select to have their positions dispatched via temporal agencies. The top function for that may be to save money on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise supply firms the way in which of screening candidates. Employment products and services can usually be a sooner and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise turn into into an enduring activity for the people who carry out well throughout their working.
3. Free job look products and services
This can be a waste of money while money is now tight within the first place. Of course, the cash you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to use the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.