Hiring Organization / Company: Amazon Data Services, Inc.
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
- 1+ years electrical or mechanical trade experience
- Technical (Military/Trade School) training or 1+ years’ of equivalent experience in a relevant industry
- 1+ years of MS Office Suite experience
AWS has the world’s largest cloud computing portfolio. As an Amazonian you will work in some of the most sophisticated, safe, and secure data centers in the world. Our Engineering Operations Technicians I (EOT’s) help keep them that way by working with the brightest minds from around the globe to help test and implement the newest technology and work practices to meet the demands of a changing market.
We have a passion for learning and evolving, it’s how we have helped define ourselves as leaders in the industry. Let’s work hard, have fun, and make history!
Day in the Life of an EOT I
- Involved with projects of moderate complexity.
- Assist in troubleshooting of facility and rack-level events within internal Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Perform rack installs, rack decommissioning, operational readings and facility management.
- Provide key performance indicators to senior engineers.
- Responsible for the on-site management of contractors, sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work performed is in accordance with established practices, procedures & local legislation.
- Monitor performance of maintenance and operations on all electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment within the data center.
- Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to while performing work.
- Assist with basic support concepts such as ticketing systems, root cause analysis, change management creation, writing procedures and building management systems.
- Work schedule changes depending on specific site needs. Shifts can be up to 12-hours and may rotate on a predefined schedule. Some locations have on-call rotations.
- Maintain data center critical infrastructure equipment ensuring 99.999% up-time of the world's largest cloud computing portfolio.
- Role may support more than one location/site.
- Walk job sites in uneven terrain. Maintain balance and perform construction tasks while on a ladder
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 39 pounds independently and participate in group lifts for 40+ pounds
- Regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, climb stairs, twist, bend, work above shoulders, grasp, carry, push and pull.
- 2+ years of data center engineering experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
Job Location Information:
Location: Johnstown, Oh 43031
Date Posted: 2021-06-10
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately on the lookout for Jobs, you will agree that it is likely one of the toughest jobs this present day. Most often, you are going to haven’t any clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The good thing is that you are not by yourself. There are a few people available in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a business center can also be simple if you know the place to start out. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed below are pointers that can assist you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are a fantastic and usually overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms recurrently provide important coaching, assets, and systems for process seekers. These firms may also be in particular helpful for younger job seekers or the ones with little working experience. A simple Internet experiment for job firms in your areamust uncover where and how you can get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many firms choose to have their positions dispatched via temporal companies. The top purpose for that is to economize on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise provide corporations the way in which of screening applicants. Employment services can frequently be a quicker and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise turn out to be into a long lasting process for the individuals who perform neatly all through their working.
3. Free job look services and products
This can be a waste of money whilst cash is now tight within the first place. After all, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.