Hiring Organization / Company: Jpmorgan Chase Bank, N.a.
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
This is a key position within a team of senior finance leads in modeling, analysis, and forecasting for over one trillion in deposit balances. This opportunity will challenge the candidate to build the next generation of quantitative models utilized in balance sheet and income statement forecasting and to perform data analytics utilizing JP Morgan Chase's vast customer, household, and transactional level data. The candidate will work hand-in-hand with data engineers and predictive modelers to solve complex problems related to deposit modeling and forecasting.
This position will have model development and strategy responsibilities for several deposit related P&L and balance sheet line items and key drivers such as accounts, customer rates paid, funds transfer pricing (FTP), balances, debit card transactions, overdrafts, and investment flows. The candidate will also be accountable for developing best in-class analytics around deposit migration, repricing, and growth by leveraging Chase's data warehouse. The analytics derived from these exercises will be used extensively by the business to inform strategy as well as by the Corporate Treasury and Chief Investment Office to develop funding, capital, interest rate risk (IRR), and asset-liability management (ALM) frameworks.
This position will require close interaction with others teams including Treasury, Product & Pricing, Technology, CFOs, Corporate Planning & Analysis (P&A), Corporate Treasury & Chief Investment Office (TCIO), Controllers, line of business finance teams, and model review and governance.
- Become a deposit data expert, utilizing a data warehouse to inform modeling approaches, understand customer behavior, research outliers, and prepare data for usage by the quantitative modeling team
- Partner with subject matter experts to design model requirements incorporating business strategy and macroeconomic drivers in order to achieve multi-purpose model function
- Partner with quantitative modeling team to build best-in-class models and analytical frameworks for forecasting deposit balances and customer rate paid
- Stress, sensitize, and troubleshoot forecast model results during development phases to ensure reasonable outcomes
- Present model results to LOB CFOs and other key senior partners
- Partner with other LOBs and functions to ensure best practices across the entire organization
- Ensure internal model control procedures are developed accurately and followed
- Bachelor's degree in related field required (finance, economics, statistics, math, MIS); CFA or Master's degree preferred
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial analytics, quantitative modeling, treasury or pricing analytics at a large financial institution or management consulting firm
- An outstanding ability to analyze problems, apply quantitative analytical approaches, communicate effectively and confidently (both oral and written), and work well in cross-functional teams
- Ability to find relationships and identify patterns in large datasets and to see business implications of findings, and translate into concise, insightful, and actionable recommendations
- Familiarity with basic statistics and analytical tools such as Python, R, and SQL or desire to learn
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Job Location Information:
Location: Columbus, Oh
Date Posted: 2021-06-10
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately searching for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is one of the toughest jobs in this day and age. Most often, you are going to have no clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The good factor is that you are not on your own. There are a number of other folks in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center may also be simple if you already know where to start. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed here are tips that can assist you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are an implausible and recurrently overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms repeatedly supply essential training, belongings, and programs for activity seekers. These corporations may also be in particular useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little running experience. A simple Web scan for job firms for your areaought to discover where and the best way to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many firms choose to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The tip objective for that may be to save money on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise give corporations the best way of screening applicants. Employment products and services can regularly be a sooner and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise turn out to be into an enduring task for the individuals who carry out smartly throughout their working.
3. Free job look services
This can be a waste of cash whilst cash is now tight within the first place. After all, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.